UP Portal – Guides to the University of Pretoria Registration & Login 2022: Have you been surfing the internet for a way to register an account, navigate, login or link up your UP Student Portal? So if you are reading this article, then you are in the right space. In this space, I will cover most if not all that has to do with the University of Pretoria, that is, the UP Portal, which is specifically made for students. So I would advise you to read it thoroughly.
Basically, I will be addressing in detail all the headlines and questions we have come across on the internet asked by the students of the University of Pretoria.
This article will cover a whole lot about the University of Pretoria, which includes; About UP Portal, UP Portal Account Creation, UP Portal Login, UP Student Portal Highlights, and how to navigate the UP Student Portal Center.
About University of Pretoria (UP)
The University of Pretoria came into existence with just a few professors and students, in a small building called kya Rosa. The university is currently one of the largest research universities in the country.
The university is globally known for its dedication and staying up to its goals; creating quality education and setting platforms for new ideas to flourish.
Presently, the University of Pretoria has transformed into a massive university community of staff and students who are from different backgrounds and cultures.
Ranks: the University of Pretoria(UP), is one of the world’s top universities, and it is well ranked in Africa, but this depends on the ranking system in use, which in turn depends on several factors. This ranking is dynamic, it could be based on subject or field of study.
Partnerships & Collaborations: as one of the top universities in the world, the University of Pretoria, has several partnerships and collaborations with other top universities, which provides it with a platform for the exchange of staff.
UP Students Portal
The UP Portal is an amazing platform put in place by the University of Pretoria registrars. The UP Portal is a portal where the students of the University of Pretoria visit to perform different important academic activities.
And on this space I will put you through how to perform some of these important activities; such as signing in/login as a fresh student, processes of forgetting passwords, as well as set up your UP student portal profile, and also how to contact the UP Portal in the case in run into any internal glitches or errors trying to perform any of these activities.
UP Portal Login; How to login to the UP Student Portal
Under this heading, I will guide you on how to log on to the UP Portal without a glitch. As I stated above, the UP Student Portal is a platform for the students of the University of Pretoria to perform different critical academic activities. And below are precise steps on how to log into the UP Portal.
1. Firstly, I would advise you to use a chrome browser or brave browser for a swift experience. If you are on your browser, visit upnet.up.ac.za
2. After the first step above, the page loads and comes up with Login interphase. Here you are required to input your username and password.
3. In the second step above, ensure to input the correct details; afterward, click on the submit button to log in.
Buttressing further on the login details, students can only have access to the portal by login in with the recommended format. This is by using the unique ‘u’ username assigned to you. The ‘u’ username can be derived from the (EMPLID) printed on your student card, and you need to attach ‘u’ to it. For instance, if the number printed on your student card is “123456789”, then your ‘u’ username is “u123456789”.
UP Portal Application
After applying to study at the University of Pretoria, the registrar sends out letters to all the applicants within ten days. The note bears the details needed to log into the UP Student Portal, including the EMPLID number, otherwise called the student number. This Enterprise-wide Master Personal Identity Descriptor (EMPLID) number is needed to log in to the portal. Still, you must add ‘u’ before the set of numbers if you must log in to the student portal successfully.
New UP Applicant Login
Under this header, I will guide you through how to access the UP Portal easily without stress. For the new applicants, please note that after application, the university registrar will send you a letter within ten days of your registration or clicking submit button. This letter contains details that can be used to log in to the UP Student Portal.
Most importantly, there is a ‘T’ number that is usually assigned to new applicants or students. This ‘T’ number is a temporary number and not a student number. So do not mistake it to be your student number.
It is also important that applicants or new students have their student numbers at their fingertips because they must be used to log in to the UP Student Portal. For example; U123456789.
And below are the steps required to login into the UP Portal as a new student or applicant;
- firstly, on your device, visit the official University of Pretoria website at https://www.up.ac.za/
- After the above step, allow the website to load, and on the loaded page click on “My UP Login “.
- Afterward, click on the “New user” below the Login tab.
- At the login interphase, input your username (i.e, ‘U’ followed by your student number), once done type in your username, for example; u123456789 in the space provided. the next thing still on the interphase is to input your National ID or Passport number in the second space provided, and then hit the “Proceed” button.
- After the above, the next step is to set up a new password. So here, you set up a new login password for yourself and I will advise you to set a password that you can easily remember. On the space, input your password in the first space provided and confirm it in the second space. Then click the “Proceed” button.
- After the above step, a message will pop up on the screen to notify you that the password was created successfully, so the next thing here is to click on “OK” and proceed to the next step.
- This step will require you to choose some questions and provide answers to them. So, all you have to do at this stage is to select any three questions. afterward, click on “Submit” to proceed to the next step.
- After the above, this stage will require you to provide answers to your selected challenge questions, then click on “Save” to proceed to the next step.
- After clicking on the “Save” button above, a message will pop up, notifying you that your answers have been saved successfully.
- Click on “Ok” to proceed.
- Now your account has been fully created on the UP Portal
- All you have to do now is to log in, by starting over and clicking on the “My UP Login “tab and inputting your login details( that is, your ‘u’ username and password).
NOTE: Those challenge questions you selected and the answers you provided should be memorized or written down somewhere because you will be needing them in the future to bypass a security check or user authentication.
The security check or user authentication is done to shade off hackers or scammers from getting hold of students’ accounts. So the user authentication process requires students to provide the challenge questions and answers saved during the course of registering their accounts. So students must provide the questions and answers in other to be able to access their accounts.
UP Blackboard Login – clickup.up.ac.za
The University of Pretoria (UP) is widely known for its academic excellence and its constant bids to increase or improve the learning processes of its students. In view of this, the school has decided to adopt a Learning Management System (LMS), that would make teaching and learning easier for both the lecturers and students. This system will ensure that every academic process is carried out online without glitches. This entails that students can attend classes online, get lecture notes and submit assignments anywhere and anytime.
The Learning Management System (LMS), also create a platform for the Lecturers/Teachers of the University to make their courses and course materials (ie. course outlines, lecture notes/PowerPoint presentations, recommended reading books/journals, videos, forums) accessible online for students to easily access them for any of their ongoing academic work. The lecturers of the University of Pretoria have also been trained on how the system works and on how to use it.
How to Access and Enroll for the UP BlackBoard
Below are the steps to enroll or access the UP Blackboard System.
- To access the System, just open your internet browser on your device
- and visit the official website of the University of Pretoria, UP Blackboard website at clickup.up.ac.za
- Once the website loads, click on the login after inputting all login details.
- after the website logs you in, scroll down the page to course categories, select your school
- After the above, select your department, and after that, you will see your courses.
Blackboard (Bb) Student App
With the UP BlackBoard APP, Students can easily;
- check their course content and even take part in courses on their device.
- With the UP BlackBoard, APP Students can receive tasks with push notifications on their devices, a due date list, and activity stream updates.
- Students can take assignments, tests, and quizzes and they can even review their submissions.
- With the UP Blackboard, APP Students can check their course grades as well as individual test and assignment grades.
- In the UP BLackboard APP, Students can participate in discussions. This is to say that there is a section for discussion made in the APP.
- With the UP BlackBoard APP, Students can host video conferences.
How to install the UP BlackBoard Student APP
- To download the UP BlackBoard Student APP, you can either go to your app store to download or visit the click up official website at clickup.up.ac.za, select the applicable app store for your device and proceed with downloading it to your device.
- Once the APP has been installed on your device, the next step is to search for your school, e.g., ClickUp.
- After the above step, log in with your UP Portal or ClickUP login credentials (i.e., your ‘u’ username and password)
Steps to change your UP portal Login password
In case you forgot your UP Portal password, the System has a self-service functionality that enables you to create a new UP Portal login password for yourself.
So, if you forgot your password, all you have to do to start is to click on the ‘Change Password‘ button on the UP Students Portal login page.
And also, to change your password, the System will have you answer correctly the three challenge questions you selected and provided answers to, on your course of registering for the UP Portal platform. once you provide the correct answers to those questions then you can proceed with changing your UP Portal Login password.
Students are allowed to change their password anytime they see fit or want to change their password. in fact, students are recommended to change their password every 60 days.
Login to the UP student Portal, the System runs a background check on your password and identifies if it is more than 60 days since you had changed your UP portal login password. If it is, it would remind you to change your portal login password. But then, you can proceed with using the same password if you wish not to change your password.
UP Portal Helpdesk
Here, I will highlight several means by which you can contact or reach out to the University of Pretoria UP Student Portal. In case you run into any glitch, you can reach the “Student HelpDesk” through the details below.
- You can get assistants at the Helpdesks that are steps away from the Student Computer Laboratories (in IT Building, NW2, CBTetc).
- Or by visiting the Open Labs situated in the Informatorium Building.
- You can call this number: 012 420-3837
- Email: email@example.com