UKZN Student Central portal is the portal students of The University Of Kwazulu-Natal use to access vital info and follow up on academic activities. This system enables you to have access to the registration, apply for residence, view results, and check your fees statement.
It supplies links that are intended to facilitate ready access to the information which helps to ensure that your stay and studies go smoothly well. also read, SunLearn: SunLearn Login Helpful Guide 2022.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL(UKZN)
The University Of Kwazulu-Natal is one of the biggest universities in South Africa. The University of Kwazulu Natal in South Africa is made up of five (5) campuses in the province of Kwazulu-Natal. It was formed on 1 January 2004, after the fusion between the University Of Natal and The University of Durban-Westville. It is a public school whose motto is “Inspiring Greatness”. Its academic affiliations are AAU ACU and HESA, it is located in Durban, Westville, Pinetown, Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. The color of the school is Red and Black. The university is in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1997, and its constitution is specified in the statute of the University of Kwazulu-Natal, as approved by the Minister of Education and the Parliament.
The University of Kwazulu-Natal consist of four colleges, which have several schools study. In most cases, a subdivision is spread across one or more University campuses, for example, the chemistry is in both the Pietermaritzburg and Westville campuses. The four colleges are the College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science, College of Health Science, College of Humanities, and College of Law and Management Studies. An institute built in cooperation with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute is the new Kwazulu-Natal Research Institute for HIV and Tuberculosis, it was opened in 2012. The UKZN established the Centre for Creative Arts. The CCA is a multi-disciplinary arts organization based within the School of Arts at the University of Kwazulu-Natal. It coordinates several festivals aimed at providing students with creative platforms and interesting opportunities aimed at developing their artistic talents. The four main festivals are Time of the Writer, Durban International Film Festival, JOMBA Contemporary Dance Experience, and Poetry Africa. This institute has two law clinics one in Pietermaritzburg and one in Durban, it provides free legal assistance to those that cannot afford it specializing in family law, HIV and AIDS law, and Social justice matters. These clinics are known to be one of the leading law clinics in the country. It provides a practical training environment for law students. According to Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the University of Kwazulu-Natal is the fourth top Universities in South Africa and sixth in the World University Rankings. Many prominent people graduated from this university.
Controversies of UKZN: there has been a number of controversies at the university of Kwazulu-Natal since its foundation. Firstly there have been several Staff Strikes and Student Protests, with some protests from 2009 involving Police Intervention and the use of Riot Control measures, as well as violence on the part of the strikers. These actions have drawn wide criticism from academics and from organizations such as COSATU and UNESCO.
UKZN Student Central Registration Guide
Students who have gotten accepted into the University of Kwazulu-Natal need to log into the UKZN Student Central. Here are the steps that you need to follow once you have gained access to the UKZN portal, in order to create your student account and enter the profile.
These are the steps in the appropriate order:
1. Click on the University of Kwazulu-Natal(UKZN) official website.
2. To know if the registration process has started, you will see the link for New Registration On the home page. This link takes you directly to the page where you can register a new account.
3. A window will appear, where you can put your basic information, including your email address, phone number, name, and gender.
4. Click on the save option.
UKZN Student Central Login Guide
These are the steps that enable you to gain access to the UKZN’s student central:
1. Click on this link https://sc.ukzn.ac.za to get to the student central page.
2. Input your student number in the blank space.
3. To continue, click proceed
4. To login, enter the password in the blank space for password.
UKZN Student Central Login Troubleshooting Guide
1. Ensure the CAPS lock is on or off.
2. Clean your browser’s cache and cookies.
3. Before you try again, make sure your internet connection is strong/active and connected to the internet.
4. Use a VPN meagerly.
How to Reset your UKZN Student Central Login Password
In changing the password you have to use your online password but if you don’t remember your online password, you may go to the ICS Walk-In center with your UKZN staff card to get a new password or send an email requesting a new password. You have to include a scanned copy of your card and your cellphone number to email@example.com. A new password will be sent to your device via SMS.
After you have received your new password. You can then proceed to the Online Password Service at https://passwordchange.ukzn.ac.za, log in with the password given to you (it’s a one-time password) then change your password.
MyUKZN Mobile APP Network Password Reset Guide
1. You can also reset your student password by using the MyUKZN Mobile App. But you have to first download the app on your mobile phone or tablet, in order to access this service you must be a registered user.
2. MyUKZN mobile app needs to have your mobile number captured in the ITS iEnabler system because it uses your mobile phone number to send you an SMS message.
3. To use MyUKZN mobile app you must be logged in, to the app.
4. Move to the Self-Help menu(if you don’t see the Self-Help menu, swipe right on one of the menu items).
5. You will see “Change My LAN Account Password” that’s the option you should click
6. Create a new password and then submit it.
MyUKZN App gives complete access to the University of Kwazulu-Natal which are UKZN and student information
Students can use this app to access their course and examination schedules, graduation information, check their admission and funding application status, and various other self-service functions.
You can use their emergency features to notify campus security about an imminent threat or suspicious activities and also helps in finding helpful contact details for other university services.
To get MyUKZN App to go to the Google play store and download it, then log in to UKZN central to access all your personal data.
Things you can find in MyUKZN App:
- Different facilities around campus such as buildings, libraries, and clinics on campus as well as places to eat, places to shop, and banks within close proximity of the campus. Numbers you can use to reach them and map locations are shown there.
- Students services such as mini fee statements, personalized course timetables,examine examination timetables, and venues to write them, all information about graduation.
- Status check on admission and funding applications and financial clearance.
- Emergency tracking of students and contact information
- A place for jobs where interested students can find and look for any job involved with their area of discipline
- If you are having problems logging on, just visit one of the IC’s walk-in centers on campus and they will gladly assist.
- Notices posted by different managements on campus to keep the student in the loop and up to date with the important and current happenings or activities on campus.
- Helpdesk access where students can perform or undergo ICT self-help functions or ask questions pertaining to IT-related issues.
UKZN Email Login Guide
1. UKZN email(firstname.lastname@example.org) serves as a means of communication between members of the school such as students and staff. It is one of the means of communicating at Kwazulu-Natal University.
2. As a student of UKZN University, you will receive a free office 365 account.
3. Outlook on the web is a service for UKZN staff and students to access their email and calendar on the web. It works with most popular browsers, including Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
4. Students and future alumni of Kwazulu-Natal(UKZN)are eligible to have 25GIG online storage,25GiG mailbox and Instant messaging tools.
These are the steps you need to follow in order to login into the UKZN email:
- Using your web browser either on your mobile device laptop or desktop login to this web address https://my.ukzn.ac.za, and this will display on your screen.
- You will see login on the screen, click on it.
- Enter your UKZN email address which is your student number ending with @stu.ukzn.ac.za. Take this as an example- email@example.com.
- Click Next on your screen.
- On the screen, you will see a work or school account, select the one you are using the account for.
- Enter your UKZN LAN Password. Click in Sign in, but if you forgot your password click forgot my password and follow the instructions given to you
- Next, you decide if you want to stay signed in or leave by clicking me of these two No or Yes. It is advisable to click no if you are not using your personal computer.
- A landing page will be displayed after a successful login. All the applications displayed on the landing page belong to Microsoft 365 and are free to use when using your student account.
- To login to your student email/or have access to your student email, click outlook on your screen.
How to Access your New UKZN Email Password
- Students are required to have an activated student LAN Account to access UKZN email, Ukzn UKZN Student Central, and other campus resources.
- New students LAN account consists of default password which is based on the birthdate of the student that is their date, month and year.
- Let’s give an instance, your birthdate is 5th September 1998, the default password will be “stu05091998”. The password expired the first time used and must be changed immediately after using it the first time to any of the student’s choices.
- First Procedure- Change the default password FIRST!
- Students using the university computer are advised to change their passwords immediately.
- Remote students who do not have access to the university computer should change their default LAN Password FIRST before they log in anywhere else, including Learning@UKZN. Failure to do so will result in an expired default password that can no longer be used.
UKZN Email Password Reset Guide
These are steps you have to carry out in order to change your default password.
1. Go to https://password.ukzn.ac.za with a web browser.
2. You can log in using the default password.
3. Set a new LAN Password, advisably, something you would remember easily, which will remain valid for ninety days. This site can be used to change a correct password anytime you want to change it.
UKZN Student Central Useful Links
The main goal of UKZN is to create and enable a better and easier environment for all students to pursue their studies.
Easy access to information is an important ingredient in an enabling learning environment.
These links below are the links you can use to access any portal in UKZN:
Student Portal: https://ukzn.ac.za/students/students
UKZN Student Central: https://sc.ukzn.ac.za/
Staff Portal: https://ukzn.ac.za/staff/staff
Apply to UKZN: https://application.ukzn.ac.za/
Other Student Portal: https://unistude.com
Be sure to use the comment box below if there is any part of this article that is unclear to you, and I will be a step away from answering and clarifying you with any info.
Below is a quick rundown of all that has been discussed about the UKZN Student Central Login And UKZN Email Helpful Guide.
1. About The University of Kwazulu-Natal (UKZN)
2. UKZN Student Central Registration Guide
3. UKZN Student Central Login Guide
4. UKZN Student Central Login Troubleshooting Guide
5. How to Reset your UKZN Student Central Login Password
6. MyUKZN Mobile APP Network Password Rest Guide
7. MyUKZN APP
8. UKZN Email Login Guide
9. How to Access your New UKZN Email Password
10. UKZN Email Password Reset Guide
11. UKZN Student Central Useful Links