Sunlearn just like the Efundi of the North West University is a learning management system (LMS) of Stellenbosch University. In this post, I will give you a well-detailed guide on how to use the Sunlearn portal.
I will guide you on the Sunlearn Application, Login, Webmail, how to reset or manage your password, and how to download and install the Mobile App for easy accessibility.
The Sunlearn, the Learning management system of Stellenbosch University is the main or major portal for students and lecturers of the university to learn, teach and upload assessments and other things that I would discuss on this webpage.
This learning management system allows students and lecturers of Stellenbosch University to participate or carry out different activities on the portal, these activities include; teaching by the lecturers, uploading assignments, taking online quizzes, and also viewing and seeing announcements by the lecturers of the university.
On the portal, students can upload and submit assignments in different digital content files format, such as; spreadsheets, images, word-processed documents or audio and video clips.
On this Sunlearn online portal, lecturers can set up online quizzes for its students, and also carry out teaching activities on this portal as well as practice exams.
As I mentioned in one of the paragraphs above, lecturers can make an announcement on this portal for its students to see and read. This is to say that this learning management system also serves as a means of communication between the lecturers and their students.
About Stellenbosch University
Stellenbosch University is one of leading South Africa’s tertiary institutions. It is greatly known for its research output.
This institution is one of the largest in South Africa with about 29,000 students, 3,000 permanent staff members, and 1,000 academics, on five different campuses.
The university has about ten faculties, and majorly about 8 are located on the main campus of the university. These ten faculty include; Agricultural Science, Economics and Management Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering, Military Sciences, Art and Social Sciences, Science, Education, Law, and Theory.
The main campus is located in the town of Stellenbosch in Western Cape Winelands. As I stated above, eight faculties out of the ten faculties are located on the main campus and the other faculties such as Medicine and Health Sciences and Military are located on different campuses. The Medicine and Health Sciences is located at the Tygerberg campus, and the Military Faculty which is the only faculty in the country and the second of its kind in Africa is located in Saldanha.
Other programs are done at the university such as; Stellenbosch Business School (USB), and other Postgraduate studies are located on the Belleville Park campus. Also, read MySun: MySun Webmail and Login Guide 2022
Stellenbosch University started up with just 503 students and 40 academic staff in 1918.
How To Login
As a student of Stellenbosch University, it is compulsory that you have access to Sunlearn, Stellenbosch University’s learning management system. Having access to this portal gives you the enablement to information and other things that have to do with the university. Such as quizzes, uploading of the assignment, and many more.
So, to login to the portal, you must follow the steps outlined below;
1. Firstly, you have to log in to the official portal at https://learn.sun.ac.za
2. Following the step above, you will be landed on Sunlearn’s official login webpage.
3. On Sunlearn’s official login webpage, you will be required to supply your username and password in other to be able to log in.
4. After supplying your login details, that is, your username and password. The next step is to click on the sign-in button.
How to Access Sunlearn Webmail
If you wish to access the Webmail, follow the steps below;
1. To access the official webmail page, you must visit the link: https://sun.ac.za/webmail
2. One on the Webmail page, tap on the initial option.
3. After the above steps, input your Sunlearn Webmail address and password on the Microsoft sign-in webpage.
How to access the Mobile App
If you wish to access the portal through the sunlearn app, without having to access it through your internet browser app, then you would be interested in downloading and installing it to your smart device.
To download the App click here.
So, once you have the App on your phone. And if you have your moodle set up properly, then you can access the App easily.
Below are the benefits of using the mobile App.
- You can easily go through the contents of your courses, even when your phone is not connected to the internet.
- With the Sunlean app, you can receive instant notification if there is any event or announcement on the portal.
- You can easily find and chat with other students in your department.
- Having this App makes everything easily accessible. You can easily upload images, audio, video, and others.
- You can easily check your course scores and exam results.
How to Reset your Portal Password
If you have any need to get your Sunlearn password changed, the only thing to do is to do a password reset. This feature allows you to change your password.
Below are the necessary steps to follow in other to change your portal password;
To change your password, you must ensure that your password combination meets up with the following requirements:
1. For any reason you wish to change your password for, ensure that your new password is not the same as any of your previous changed passwords. It has it on their website that your last ten Passwords can be registered as a new password.
2. Your password must be at least 8 characters and should not be more than 47 characters.
3. Your password must not contain your username by any means.
4. Your password must not contain your email name.
5. Your password must a combination of alphabet, numeric, and Characters.
To change your password you must have provided your cellphone number or email address to the portal during your registration.
To change your Sunlearn password visit and follow up the guide https://web-apps.sun.ac.za/user-password-manage/#/home