Today, I will be writing a well-detailed guide on SASSA Status Check for R350 Payment Dates, SASSA Stats, SASSA SRD, SASSA Online Application, SASSA Grants, SASSA Payments, and many more.
SASSA stands for South Africa Social Security Agency, and it is one of the federal government parastatals that oversees the affairs and distribution of Special COVID-19 Social Relief benefits. And it’s also concerned with disability grant distribution and child support grant beneficiaries.
As I have stated above, I will concern myself with all that has to do with SASSA Grants Application and status check and as well as every other subject that is concerned with it. also, read MYNSFAS Account: NSFAS Login & Application 2022 (www.nsfas.org.za).
About South Africa Social Security Agency
The South Africa Social Security Agency (SASSA), is a public entity that is equipped with the necessary tools to combat vulnerability and poverty in the country within the constitutional and legislative design.
The South African Social Security Agency SASSA operates according to the Social Assistance Act., of 2004. This Act provides the design for the provision and distribution of different forms of social grants, social relief of distress and many others.
In recent years, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has carried out the constitutional intention of providing grants and social assistance to individuals that are eligible or seriously in need of it. This is to say that the SASSA as a public entity, sees that all citizens of the country who are unable to provide for themselves or see to their daily needs financially are supported.
SASSA R350 Grant Application
Are you looking for a way to apply for the ongoing SASSA SRD R350 grant? Then you are in the right space.
I will take my time to detail the steps needed to apply for the ongoing SASSA SRD R350 Grant under the new platform manager.
It has been announced that the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is currently operated according to the Social Assistance Act. This was in the past operated by State body Disaster Act.
So far, with the information we have gathered, the Special Relief of Distress SRD grant will come to an end in March 2023. The SASSA SRD R350 grant is open to the public for application for eligible individuals to apply.
SASSA SRD R350 Grant Online Application
If you wish to apply for the ongoing SASSA SRD R350 Grant online, then below are the few steps needed to get you going.
1. First thing first, you need to visit the SASSA SRD official website at srd.sassa.gov.za
2. Once the official website loads, locate and click on the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant‘ tab. Afterwards,
3. Proceed by clicking on the yellow tab which is written ‘Click here to apply online.
4. When the page loads after the above step, input your cell phone number in the box provided.
5. And then click on the tab that says ‘Send SMS‘
6. After clicking on the button as stated in the above step, you will receive a text message containing your One Time Pin (OTP), sent by SASSA. The pin is sent to verify that you are applying with a valid cell phone number.
7. Make sure to input the OTP received in the provided section or space.
8. After the above, you can proceed with the application by filling in the space provided with all the credentials required by the SASSA.
How to Apply for the SASSA SRD Grant on WhatsApp
If you are finding it difficult to apply for this grant using the online method of application, then you can as well apply through WhatsApp. Below are the steps you need to apply for the SASSA Grant through WhatsApp.
1. First thing to do is to add this number to your contact list 082 046 8553 on your phone.
2. After the above, log on to your WhatsApp and search for the name you saved the number as. When it displays, click on it and send ‘Hi‘ as a message.
3. Once the message above goes through, you will receive a response. Reply to that response by sending ‘Help‘.
4. Immediately after your reply goes through, you will be responded to with several options, please proceed by selecting option ‘4‘
5. Step number 4, will check you into the unathi SASSA platform message, and you are to respond by sending or replying ‘SRD‘ to it.
6. This step requires you to confirm whether you are applying for yourself or you are applying on behalf of somebody.
7. After the above confirmation, the actual registration starts from this step. You need to send your name, surname, and ID number.
8. You will receive a message on WhatsApp on the next steps to follow.
If you wish to have your SASSA SRD Grant application considered, then your must permit or consent to the South African Social Security Agency SASSA to verify your submitted credentials, that is, your identity, residency, income, or social security benefits. You are also required by the will to accept the declaration and consent.
All the beneficiaries are required to reapply. And I’d you have reapplied, you don’t need to apply again. This requirement is necessitated by the new Act.
You are also required to apply only once, multiple applications across different platforms are not allowed.
The South African Social Security Agency SASSA will then approve or reject any application. applicants will receive an SMS informing them whether their applications have been approved or disapproved.
SASSA Status Check SRD R350 Payment Dates 2022.
Under this topic I will pen down in detail everything you need to know about SASSA and SASSA Status Check for R350 Payment Dates and when it’s ready for collection. The payment for the SRD R350 grant is announced monthly by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). SASSA is a public entity that is concerned with the processing and distribution of the Special COVID-19 Social Relief benefit.
SASSA Status Check
After applying for the ongoing South Africa Social Security Agency SASSA SRD Grant, the next thing that comes to mind is how do I check my SASSA status and how to know the next payment dates? So here, I will detail the various methods for SASSA Status Check for R350 Payment Dates. After the end of this post, you would know how to check your SASSA Status Check using Moya App and how to also check your SASSA Status using your cell phone on your WhatsApp or via SMS.
SASSA Status Check with Moya App
Here, I will guide you through the necessary steps needed for you to check your SASSA Status using the Moya app. Also, know that there is no money charge in using Moya App.
All required to check your SASSA Status are your smartphone, internet connection, and internet surfing data.
1. First thing first, you need to have the Moya App downloaded to your phone. You can download it from the Google play store or Huawei App Gallery.
2. After downloading the Moya App to your phone, click on it, and locate and hover on ‘SASSA Grant’ inside the Moya App.
3. After step 2 above, navigate down, locate and click on the ‘Check SASSA SRD Status‘.
4. The next step is for you to click on the ‘Application Status‘ tab after executing step 3.
5. To proceed, input the requested credentials, that is, your ID number and mobile phone number in the provided spaces. Then
6. Click on the submit button.
7. After clicking on the submit button, the Moya App displays your SASSA Status on the screen of your smartphone.
SASSA Status Check via Official Website.
1. You can also check your SASSA Status through their official website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
2. On the status page, input your ID number and
3. Input the cell phone number you used in registering during the application.
SASSA Status Check using Cell Phone Number
To check your SASSA Status on your cellphone by dialing a number, follow the steps below.
1. Call this number on your cell phone 0800 60 10 11. And then
2. Follow the prompts.
If after trying to check for your status using any of the methods outlined above and your SASSA status is not displaying, don’t panic it will be processed. The SASSA is currently processing millions of applications, you will be able to check and see your status soon once processed.
How to Check SASSA Balance
If you are lucky enough to be among the beneficiaries and wish to check your SASSA balance, then this post is also for you. there are two ways in which you can USSD Code to check your SASSA balance, and you can also check your balance on WhatsApp.
How to Check SASSA Balance Status via USSD
To check your SASSA balance follow the steps outlined below.
1. On your mobile device dial this USSD *120*3210#, then
2. Follow the prompts.
If you encounter errors using the above USSD Code, then you can try the method below.
1. On your mobile device dial this USSD *120*69277#, then
2. After dialling the USSD Code above, follow the steps.
3. You will get an SMS containing your balance.
How to Check SASSA Balance Status via WhatsApp
Just like I have outlined above, how to check your SASSA balance status using USSD Code. You can also check your balance status on WhatsApp.
Below are the necessary steps needed to check your SASSA Status balance via WhatsApp.
1. Firstly, you have to save this number on your smartphone, 082 046 8553. Then proceed by sending.
2. ‘Status‘ as a Chat to the WhatsApp number above.
3. And wait for their response and reply with ‘yes‘ if you have your reference.
4. And reply with the cell phone number used during your application.
5. And then your reference number.
SASSA SRD R350 Payment
I know you would be wondering how you would receive payment after being approved. You either get your payment from the post office or through the Bank as a SASSA beneficiary. I would recommend connecting your bank account to your SASSA because it’s the easiest way to receive the SASSA SRD Grant payment.
When you have your bank connected, it means you get paid monthly into your bank account. It’s important that the bank account or cell phone number connected is owned by the applicant. That’s, must be registered in the name of the approved applicant of the SASSA SRD Grant, this ensures that there will be no errors during processing and payment.
SASSA SRD Payment Collection
In a situation whereby the approved application does not have a bank account. The such approved applicant, can go to any nearest post office, Pick n Pay, or Boxer Stores branches to collect his or her grant cash. Applicants can alternatively receive payment through a Bank Mobile Money Transfer.
Once your money is ready for collection, you would receive a confirmation SMS stating that your cash grant is ready for you.
What does ‘Pending’ SASSA SRD R350 Grant Status Means
It’s not a piece of fresh news that many applicants of SASSA SRD R350 are seeing ‘Pending’ on their grant status. And most applicants have no idea what this ‘Pending’ status means.
So I will take my time to explain what the ‘Pending’ status means and other stuff you need to know regarding SASSA Status Check.
As an applicant, whenever you see a ‘Pending’ status, it means that your application is yet to be approved for various reasons, one of which could be that your application credentials are still being processed and after your credentials have been verified. Only then would your application be considered for approval.
If your application gets approved, an approval SMS would be sent to your cell phone number, and also SASSA will be requesting bank account details confirmation too.
SASSA has announced that there is no particular date for disbursement of cash or payment for the grant, and also, it takes 7 days after approval for payment turnaround.
‘Rejection’ status means disapproval. If your SASSA Status has been showing rejection status, you can file for an appeal.
SASSA Status Check: R350 Reconsideration Process
Just like the ‘Pending’ status, the ‘reconsideration process’ status simply means that they are double-checking your credentials, including your income status to make sure that you are eligible for the grant. This grant is solely for vulnerable individuals.
It may take a bit of time for your ‘reconsideration process’ status to be processed, because of the effort and time it takes to get a clearance and verification from banks and other financial institutions.
One of the reasons why most applicants get disapproved is that most of them are already benefiting from other governments’ grants. So you must not be receiving any other government COVID-19 response support.
How do I have my Grant Reconsidered?
In case your SASSA Status is showing ‘Reapplication Pending’, I would suggest you follow the steps below.
1. Firstly, visit the SRD official portal https://srd.sassa.gov.za
2. On the portal, locate and click on the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ button.
3. After the above, locate and select ‘click here to apply for reconsideration’
4. Here you are required to supply your ID number and mobile phone number.
5. Be done with the process.