MYNSFAS is a platform put in place by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, for its applicants to easily and efficiently access, navigate and communicate with the recent and latest updates. On this page, I give you detailed guides on how to navigate and login into your MYNSFAS account as an NSFAS applicant or member.
On this page, I will try as much as possible to answer all questions you have concerning these topics; NSFAS Application, myNSFAS Account, and NSFAS Login Guide. So be sure to read through carefully.
I understand that a whole lot of students want to be a partaker of this financial aid, but don’t know how to go about it, So in this space, I will try as much as possible to more and deeper light on the subject. And so, most of us who are partakers of this National Student Financial Aid Scheme, but don’t know how to navigate their MYNSFAS account, be rest assured that the procedures and steps for you to be able to do all that is required of you on NSFAS login page will be detailed here on this webpage.
And so, without further delay or waste of your precious time, let’s dive into the main deal.
About National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
National Student Financial Aid Scheme is one of the government parastatals, it is currently headed by the Minister of High Education, Science and Innovation, Dr. Blade Nzimande, and Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Mr. But I Manamela.
The public entity is regulated by the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations, and its affairs are operated by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999).
From 1993 to 2000, the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA) served as the primary non-profit organization in accordance with section 21 of the companies Act. This entity crease to operate in the year 2000. And all its affairs (I.e., loans on the books) of the TEFSA were transferred to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme NSFAS.
Services: The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), works to provide students of any background or family (poor or rich) with the finances needed to see such individuals through higher and further education and training, in pursuit of educational success.
Career Opportunities at NSFAS: for those of you looking to get a job at the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), the public entity at the time of writing this article is recruiting capable and qualified applicants for several positions (about 8 open vacancies). So if you are willing to fill in, in any of the available positions, you can click here to access their jobs recruiting page.
myNSFAS Student Portal
myNSFAS is a student portal created by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), for its applicants or student members to be able to access all information and also for them to relate to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, for any matter arising.
It is advised that all NSFAS applicants have a myNSFAS Account to enable them to carry out all required procedures, which will enable them to access the loan or grant. Click here to access the myNSFAS Portal. You might also to read UP Portal Login: Guides to the University of Pretoria Registration & Login 2022
NSFAS Application / myNSFAS Account Registration
The NSFAS Application is currently ongoing, and individuals who want to benefit from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), can follow the steps below to apply.
Here, I will be putting you through the necessary steps needed to sign up or register for a myNSFAS account, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme program for students of any background (rich and poor). I would advise you to follow up these steps carefully to register for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
To register or apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), follow the steps below:
1. First thing to do to apply is to visit the NSFAS official website at www.nsfas.org.za to register for an MYNSFAS Account.
2. After the step above, you should be on the NSFAS website homepage, so locate the “myNSFAS” tab and click on it to proceed.
3. After the “myNSFAS” page loads, click on the “Register” to proceed with registration.
4. Here, fill in all the required documents, please be sure to enter valid credentials because it will be required for verification. Afterwards, check the box to all NSFAS to verify your credentials or details.
4.1. After checking the box above, the next thing to do still in the registration stage, is to capture the “ID number” as shown on your ID document.
4.2. Then proceed with filling in your full names.
4.3. Input your valid “email address” in the first space provided.
4.4. Re-input your “email address” again in the second space provided to confirm your email.
4.5. next thing to do on this registration page after the above stage, is to create a “password”. So on the first space input a password that you can easily remember.
4.6. On the second page created input that same “password” created to confirm your password.
4.7. Next thing is to upload your “ID Copy”.
5. After entering all required credentials, the next thing to do is to click on the “Register” button.
6. After registering, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), will send an OTP to the email and cell number you provided above. And remember to use the OTP immediately, because it expires within 24 hours.
7. Enter the OTP received and click “Submit”.
Once you have completed the above steps, that means you have registered for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
How to Login to the myNSFAS Portal
After registering for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), the next thing to do is to log in to your myNSFAS Portal Account. And to do this, you have to follow the steps outlined below to log in to the myNSFAS Student Portal. Below are the NSFAS Login guides:
1. Firstly, visit their official website at www.nsfas.org.za
2. On their official website homepage, click on the myNSFAS tab.
3. After the above stage, click on the login button to proceed.
4. Now, enter your username and password, and then.
5. Click on the login button to log in to your myNSFAS Portal or Account.
How to Reset or Change your myNSFAS Student Portal Password
For those of us that have forgotten the password to the MYNSFAS Student Portal. Here, I will be putting us through the necessary steps to reset or change your forgotten password with ease.
To change or reset your myNSFAS Account password, follow the steps below:
1. To reset your portal Password, visit the official website at www.nsfas.org.za and then click on the “myNSFAS” tab.
2. On the myNSFAS Portal, click on “Forgot your Password” and enter your ID number.
3. After the steps mentioned above, select whether you have forgotten your username and password and proceed by clicking on “Submit“.
4. After clicking on Submit, as directed above, you will receive an OTP through your email address or cell number.
5. Enter your OTP as received in the space provided on the website, and then click “Submit”
6. After the above, a page loads and requires you to create a new password.
Note: there are cases where students got blocked or locked out on their myNSFAS Portal Account. If this is the case for you. To recover or re-open your myNSFAS Account, all you need to do is to reset your myNSFAS login details by taking the same steps outlined above for resetting or changing your myNSFAS Account password. Afterwards, your account will be reactivated in a distant time.
Aso, you can unlock and unblock your account by sending an email to the IT department of the entity.
To unlock your myNSFAS Account send an email to email@example.com.
To unblock your myNSFAS Account send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And also, for those of us who have forgotten the password to our myNSFAS Account, and also don’t have access to the email or cell number used in registering for an account on the myNSFAS Portal. To recover your account, all you need to do is to submit a certified affidavit requesting that your details be changed (i.e., your email and cell phone number) with the old and new details to this email email@example.com.
The funding decisions will be made in February 2022, for all students by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). So be sure to have access to your myNSFAS Portal Account, because all necessary information regarding the payment dates and other decisions will be updated on the myNSFAS Portal. And if you haven’t created an NSFAS Account yet, I would suggest you scroll up to read about my guide on how to do just that.
How to check my NSFAS Status 2022
After applying for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), you can check your my NSFAS Status from time to time to know your status, that’s to know if your application has been approved or not.
It’s expected that you would receive a response a few days after the NSFAS Application closing date. And if you have been worried about your my NSFAS Status, to know whether you have been accepted into the program or not. Below are well-detailed steps on how to check your myNSFAS Status.
1. First thing first, login to your “NSFAS” Account, that is your myNSFAS Portal Account, through their official website at www.nsfas.org.za.
2. On the “myNSFAS Portal Login” page, enter your login details on the space provided ( that is, your ID or username and Password).
3. After the step mentioned above, click on the “Login” button to proceed.
4. After providing your valid login details, the website will log you into your NSFAS Portal. And on the myNSFAS Portal, click on “Trust Funding Progress” to check your status.
5. On the Trust Funding Progress page, you would know your NSFAS Status. Congratulations! if your NSFAS application was accepted or successful, if not, better luck next time.
Also note that, if your NSFAS Application Status was “unsuccessful“, you can file for an appeal application with the necessary credentials and details. The appeal submission must be 30 days after your NSFAS application Status showed Unsuccessful on your myNSFAS Portal.
NSFAS Wallet Definitive Guide
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), has an in-built wallet for its member students who have been successfully accepted into the aid scheme. This allows NSFAS-funded students to receive allowance funds, withdraw funds and make other payments off the system.
Requirements for having an NSFAS wallet, which allows you to receive funds and do other things from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
1. You must have a smartphone and SIM chip.
2. You must have finished all necessary requirements for the NSFAS Bursary. Such as, signing the NSFAS agreement for new students.
How to Register for my NSFAS Wallet
Here, I will put you through simple steps to registering for an NSFAS Wallet.
1. To register for an NSFAS Wallet, you need your mobile phone. You can create a wallet by dialling *120*176# and proceed with the prompt to register, verify and set up your NSFAS Wallet.
2. After the above stage, your account or wallet password will be sent to your phone through SMS.
3. If your account or wallet has been successfully verified, you can access it on your cell phone by dialling *120*176#.
4. Aside from dialling *120*176#, you can check your wallet through appspot.com. check below to see how.
How to Check my NSFAS Wallet Balance
Do you wish to check my NSFAS Wallet Balance? Here, I will put you through the 2 different methods by which you can easily check and see your myNSFAS Wallet Balance.
USSD Code Method:
1. Get your mobile device, and dial this USSD code *134*176#.
2. After dialling the USSD Code on your mobile device, a prompt will ask for your password, enter it, then.
3. Click send.
4. After the above, a prompt will bring out options for you to select, please select option 2 (Query).
5. And finally, your myNSFAS Wallet Balance and transactions will be displayed.
Here, I will guide you on how you can check for your myNSFAS Wallet Balance via the internet.
1. Using a web browser (Chrome, Brave, and others), visit celbux.appspot.com.
2. On the homepage, proceed to login into your account, using your Cellphone Number and Password.
3. After supplying your login details as directed above, click on the Login button.
4. When logged into your account, locate and click on “More”. And then,
5. Click on “Transection“.
6. Finally, you can see your NSFAS Wallet Balance.
How to Withdraw Cash from your myNSFAS Wallet
If you wish to withdraw or take out some cash from your myNSFAS Wallet, then you have to continue reading….. Or
If you wish to create a cash voucher using your National Student Financial Aid Scheme wallet, then you have to see the steps below.
Here is a list of stores where you can make payments or withdraw cash through your National Student Financial Aid Scheme wallet; Shoprite, Usave, Checkers, Spar, Choppies, Boxer, Van Schaiks, Nando’s, Romans Pizza, McDonald’s, Burger King, Spur, Hungry Lion, Debonairs, Rocomamas and John Dorys amongst others.
Be advised, that these stores have a daily cash-out limit from R200 to R1000 a day.
And again, there are two methods by which you can withdraw cash from your myNSFAS Wallet.
USSD Code Method:
1. On your mobile device, dial this USSD *120*176# and then.
2. A prompt will request you to enter your password.
3. After supplying your password, as directed above. Click on send.
4. After clicking send, as directed above, a prompt with an option will come up, select option 1 (Cash Voucher) and click Send.
5. After the above, a space for the amount will appear.
6. Enter the amount and click send.
7. Finally, you have just created a voucher, and it would display.
1. This method requires one to use the internet, so you will be needing a web browser and data. Firstly, visit celbux.appspot.com
2. On the Appspot.com homepage, locate and click on the Login button. On the login page, supply your login details (Cell phone number and Password), and then
3. Click pay.
4. On the next page after clicking pay, enter the amount you want to transect.
5. And then click Done.
How to Unlock your myNSFAS Wallet
It has come to our notice that the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, will be migrating students from all TVET colleges, got funded through myNSFAS Wallet to a payment platform that will enable students to receive cash directly into their bank account.
So it’s advised that if you are a student (old or new) of TVET College, get you’re Bank Account ready in other to get yourself set for the new rollout.
The only way to unlock your National Student Financial Aid Scheme account if locked is by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you provide the information below in your email:
1. Your ID number and Copy
2. Your full name, starting with your surname.
3. Email address and Phone Number.
4. Your residence address
5. And then, the full description of your query.
How to Reset your myNSFAS Wallet Password
Do you wish to reset or change your wallet password? Then below are the steps to follow in other to change your wallet password.
1. Firstly, access your myNSFAS account at www.nsfas.org.za
2. Click on myNSFAS and log in to your portal account.
3. In your account, click on the “NSFAS Chat”
4. In the chat section, you can discuss this with one of their consultants.
5. Proceed by telling the consultant that you wish to reset your password.
NSFAS Help Desk
If you have been searching for a way to get first-hand contact with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, then search no more, because, under this header, I will be listing down every way possible to contact the National Student Financial Aid Scheme help desk in case if you have issues or questions that need to be answered.
And again, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme does not have a WhatsApp number and does not communicate through Facebook messenger at the point of writing this article. Be sure to check this page frequently because the update will be made here if any part of this information is updated by NSFAS Team.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme applications have been extended to Grade 9 to 12 learners, and also to dropout youths, that still want to further their studies in TVET College.
Call number: 0860 067 327.
Toll-free: 0800 203 900.
Postal Address: University and TVET College documents Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa.
Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700.
NSFAS self-service link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html.
Be sure to use the comment box below if there is any part of this article that is unclear to you, and I will be a step a way from answering and clarifying you with any info.
Below is a quick rundown of all that has been discussed about the MYNSFAS Account: NSFAS Login & Application 2022 (www.nsfas.org.za).
1. About National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
2. myNSFAS Student Portal
3. NSFAS Application / myNSFAS Account Registration
4. How to Login to the myNSFAS Portal
5. How to Reset or Change your myNSFAS Student Portal Password
6. How to check my NSFAS Status 2022
7. NSFAS Wallet Definitive Guide
8. How to Register for my NSFAS Wallet
9. How to Check my NSFAS Wallet Balance
10. How to Withdraw Cash from your myNSFAS Wallet
11. How to Unlock your myNSFAS Wallet
12. How to Reset your myNSFAS Wallet Password
13. NSFAS Help Desk